Monday, February 11, 2008

Bangkok


I had been in Bangkok for less than 24 hours, had slept not quite enough but rolled out into the sunshine anyways to go to a one of the most delicious breakfast places I’ve encountered while traveling these past two years. After devouring a tasty mushroom and herb omelet and downing the second-best pineapple shake of the trip (the best pineapple shake would be had the following day), Kelly and I made our way to Wat Phra Kaew for a touristy morning.

While meandering through the park on the way there, I noticed a man in neon-green-short-shorts and unbuttoned flannel shirt carrying a paper lunch bag. That’s an odd combination, I thought. Before this thought process could go any further, the man moved the paper bag from in front of his groin to reveal the contents of his lunch (if you will).

I gasped, averted my eyes and tried to cross the street as quickly as possible.

While shoving a protesting Kelly into oncoming traffic, she managed to ask what was wrong before a motorcycle almost took her out at the knees. Stepping back on to the curb and waiting for traffic to subside, I explained what I had just seen. She turned around, saw the guy (and his lunch) and said he was still looking at us. We immediately plunged into traffic and ran across the street away from any men in odd combinations of clothing.

1 comment:

talksalot said...

OMG THAT IS SOOO FREAKY I have had really weird things happend in my life too read it in my blog. If i were u i would have pulled out my cell phone and dial 9-1-1 and call the police OMG THAT IS SO SCARY