Sunday, February 10, 2008

An Interview Interlude

Taking a short break from updating about the trip to answer Jen's "interview questions".

The Rules:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions

The Questions and Answers:

1. What is the best thing about living in Korea?
If I have to pick just one, I’d say the friends I’ve met here.

2. What is the most frustrating thing about living in Korea?
Saving face, the complete lack of vegetarian options at Korean restaurants, how expensive everything is compared to the rest of Asia and how cold it is in the winter. Oh, and how long it takes me to get anywhere from Nowhere-gu… that's more than one though...

3. What do you miss most about home?
Family and Friends. Having an oven to make pizza and chocolate chip cookies. Automatically understanding everything I see/read/hear.

4. What was your favourite part of your trip to Shanghai?
The familiarity of the city. Knowing how to get everywhere, delicious restaurants, where to go to buy things, and being able to communicate with people in Chinese.

5. What are you passionate about?
Chocolate. Also, learning/teaching. Travel.

The Questions for Jen:

1. What was something you found different about China (as compared to Korea)?
2. What was the best moment of your trip to China?
3. If you could eat only three foods (choosing just one would be too difficult!) and one drink for the rest of your life, what would they be?
4. Who taught you how to knit and why?
5. Where will you be five years from now?

The Offer:

I'm no Barbara Walters but I'll ask you questions if you want me to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh... so jealous of the morter and pestle... I've always wanted one (I'm such a dork!!!)