Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Beach Bummin'


After a day in Bangkok, it was time to move on to Koh Chang. This involved a 6:00am wake-up call, a 20 minute late bus, a 6 hour bus ride, one ferry and a ride in the back of a truck to Koh Chang Lagoon Resort, where, unlike in Bangkok, they still had our reservation. It was set to be the perfect beach holiday.


There was soft white sand, shady palm trees, and calm water. With four days of relaxing on the beach infront of me, I couldn't have been happier. And then I woke up Saturday morning and heard the most dreaded sound anyone on a beach holiday could hear - raindrops on the window.

I pulled the blankets back over my head (the air conditioner was on extra-freezing-mode) and hoped that I was dreaming. Two hours later, I woke up again and everything outside was quiet. I slowly pulled the curtains back, fingers crossed, but found only gray skies.

And that's how it stayed until the day I left to go back to Bangkok. So much for that perfect beach holiday.

No comments: